Please add name

Post here if you need your name added to our list of transliterated Mandarin Chinese names. Please note that we usually only do given names (first names), but we will try your family name if you really want it. If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
Forum rules
If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
debbspink

Please add name

Post by debbspink » Dec 9, 2011 11:34 am

I am shopping for my niece Deonna who is a lover of all things Chinese. I would like to gift her Deonna in Chinese caligraphy. Her birthday is December and I would love to give this to her as a birthday/Christmas gift. Would you please add her name? Thank you. debbspink

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 9, 2011 12:16 pm

Does Deonna sound the same as Deon as in Deon Sanders except with an "a" at the end? I need to know the vowel sounds so that I can properly transliterate this name. I imagine the final sound could be like "on-a" or "own-a".

-Gary.

debbspink

Deonna in Chinese Characters

Post by debbspink » Dec 9, 2011 1:05 pm

Deonnna phonetically would be Dee ah nah. Hope that helps. Thank you!

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 9, 2011 1:32 pm

Got it. I guess it's just an alternate spelling of Deanna, with the same pronunciation (as long as the second syllable is like "ah" or "on" and not like "Anne").

I've researched the most standard transliteration for this name, and have added it here for you:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/name.php?n=deonna

Cheers,
-Gary.

zeeshan123

Re: Please add name

Post by zeeshan123 » Dec 28, 2014 9:32 pm

Please add my son's nickname...

RJ

It stands for Ricky Junior, but we just call him RJ.

I meant to post this under the Forum "Please Add My Name in Chinese (for a wall scroll)".

Gary
The Boss

Re: Please add name

Post by Gary » Jan 6, 2015 9:14 am

I have added this for you here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/name.php?n=rj

-Gary.